10/8/11

Vegan Mofo: Baking up a storm

There's nothing I like better than spending a weekend morning in the kitchen making baked goods with whatever is left in the cabinets. I would say it feels a bit like playing housewife, especially when S. is in the other room hard at work and I am in the kitchen measuring cups of flour, but its a little pathetic to be "playing" anything at 28, let alone "housewife" when half of my friends are younger than me and married. So, we could say that rather than "playing" I am "being" a house-girlfriend, while simultaneously consciously and consensually reproducing a socially enforced gender role and thus fulfilling my Butler-ian feminist obligations. How 'bout that?

So anyways, the food! I made bagels! I've made them a zillion times before, (and here is a recipe) but this time they were different because I forgot the sugar! So, that was an innovation, of sorts, and they taste a little sour, but not necessarily in a bad way. And like many baked goods, after making them 5 times you can make them with your eyes closed so they aren't really a pain in the ass anymore. Try it, "T's 5X Method" on anything that you don't know how or don't like to do. It really works.

Song Movie of the Day: The Stepford Wives (the original, 70's version)

3 comments:

vegan.in.brighton said...

Your bagels look great & you're so right, once you've baked the same thing a few times it's much easier.

SoulSEEMovie said...

live22 ฟรีเครดิต เล่นฟรี เล่นง่าย ได้จริง slot online
https://www.live22easy.com/

RoseSlot2020 said...

เล่นเลยฟรีเครดิต สล็อต pgเกมออนไลน์ slot online แจกโบนัสมากมาย เล่นง่ายได้เยอะ สล็อต pgโบนัส100 slot online ที่นี่คลิกhttps://www.instructables.com/id/Slot-Online-%E0%B8%97%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%A5%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%87%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%A2%E0%B9%81%E0%B8%A5%E0%B8%B0%E0%B9%84%E0%B8%94%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%87%E0%B8%99%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%A7%E0%B8%95%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%87-Pgslot/